Tourendol is a beautiful fully-restored hill-top property with a large private swimming pool, with breathtaking views over the Aveyron Gorge. It is situated just ten minutes’ drive from the famous and attractive medieval village of Saint Antonin Noble Val.
There is a separate two-person cottage immediately adjacent to the swimming pool, which also has it’s own kitchen, lounge, double bedroom and bathroom. (For larger parties wishing to rent this cottage too, there is an additional charge. Please inquire for details.)
The whole property is in a very serene and calm environment. It is a wonderful destination for a family holiday with plenty of privacy, lots of fantastic space, and stunning views across miles of countryside.
Entry is from the large front terrace. One enters into:
• The lounge/dining room (60m²) has a tiled floor, and exposed stonework and original wooden beams throughout. The charm of the room is accentuated by the old fireplace with a wood-burning stove, and an original stone evier. There are two comfortable sofas (one of which is a sofa-bed) next to the fireplace, coffee table, bookcases, wine rack, and a rocking chair. There is UK satellite television, flat-screen TV, and a DVD player. There is a wooden dining table with seating for six people.
At one end of the lounge we have:
• The kitchen area which is fully-fitted, and provides a fridge-freezer, electric oven and halogen hob (with extractor fan), kettle, toaster, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and plenty of storage cupboards.
• There is also another bathroom on this floor with a washbasin and mirror, and a toilet.
A staircase with black-iron balustrades leads up to the first floor, where there are three bedrooms and a bathroom. All of the bedrooms have wonderful views across the valley. Each have exposed stone walls and wooden beams, and laminate wood flooring. They also each have central-heating radiators for your comfort.
• Bedroom 1 (20m²) is the largest double bedroom and with a wardrobe, a dressing table with mirror, and two bedside tables with lamps. It has an ensuite bathroom with tiled floor. There is a shower, a lovely roll-top bath, heated towel rail, WC and a washbasin with a mirror.
• Bedroom 2 has a double bed, two bedside tables with lamps, a wardrobe and a full-length mirror.
• Bedroom 3 is a twin room (two single beds) with a wardrobe and a bedside table with lamp.
• At the end of the landing, there is a family bathroom with a tiled floor. There is a modern washbasin with mirror, toilet, shower and heated towel rail.
Outside is a lawned landscaped garden with a huge wildflower garden and a large patio area with beautiful, curved steps down to the swimming pool. There is a pergola on the top terrace adjacent to the house. There is also a lawned area with a football goal and a small adventure “castle.” The house has a charcoal barbecue, providing the outside dining experience – for which there is a black glass dining table which seats six, along with black metal dining chairs with cushions.
The Swimming Pool
The exclusive and private swimming pool measures 12 x 5 metres and has Roman steps at one end. There are lots of sun chairs, sunloungers (with cushions), and parasols, and the terrace surrounding the pool is tiled. Spotlights and other ambient lighting has been installed to provide a superb environment to spend the summer evenings at the poolside, whilst enjoying uninterrupted views of the countryside. The pool has an alarm to conform with French law.
The house has plenty of parking for three cars.
The property is situated up a bumpy but passable country track and is adjacent to, but not overlooked by, a working farm.
- Guests: 8
- Amenities: fireplace, flat-screen TV, free parking, outside dining area, swimming pool, terrace, UK tv
- Size: 160m²
Prices start at: €135 per night